Slip And Fall
One of the biggest misconceptions people have is if they are hurt on property owned by a business, that business is automatically responsible for the injury. This is not true. You need to prove negligence. Example: It is not enough for there to be liquid on the floor. You have to show the business knew or should have known of the liquid, had ample time to clean up the liquid, and failed to do so. This can be challenging.
Common safety traps can include:
- Greasy or wet walkways
- Clutter or trash obstructing a walkway
- Failure to maintain walkways in good repair
- Poorly lit stairwells
- Missing handrails or non-slip coverings
If you are the victim of a slip and fall accident, the first thing you should do is seek medical attention. Even if these types of accidents may seem less serious than a car accident or motorcycle collision, they can still result in long term health problems for the victim.
Slip and Fall injuries can result in:
- Brain injuries and concussions
- Long term pain in the lower back or tailbone area
- Broken wrists or ankles
- Torn ligaments in the shoulder or knee area
- Broken or displaced hips
- Facial injuries or disfigurement